Sure, traditional bleach is the most popular option pool owners have relied on for cleaning/maintaining their pool. However this is not the only option; salt water chlorinators have risen in popularity over the years as an easier, and better option for cleaning pools. Whether you want to eliminate harsh chemicals in the pool, or simply want an easier way to clean the pool, these products can provide a viable solution for your cleaning and filtration needs.
How do they work
These products use dissolved salt in order to create the chlorine required to clean your pool. Although not chlorine free (as some may believe), they do provide a less harsh (fewer chemicals) method to clean your pool. The process of electrolysis is used to dissolve the salt into hypochlorous acid and sodium hypochlorite.
The method allows you to forego the process of simply dumping bleach into your pool. Rather, the chlorine generator continues to generate chlorine, until more salt is required for filtration/cleaning to occur.
How long do they last/cost?
If properly maintained, you can expect salt water chlorinators to last anywhere from 3 to 7 years. The cost of purchase and maintenance over this time can run from a little under $500, onward to over $1100 (if you have to replace parts or do repair work). For this reason, it is important to know which systems are most popular, and built to last, in order to ensure you purchase the best product for cleaning your home’s pool.
You must clean and properly maintain your pool. For those who want a simple solution, and safer option than simply dumping bleach in the drains, this is one which might be considered by owners. Before you buy new salt water chlorinators, it is important to know what you are getting. For pool owners or business owners which rely on these products, saltwater-chlorinator.com is a great place to compare, contrast, and ultimately find the best product for your cleaning needs.
Lock with keys
You’ve moved in to your new house, so what do you do next? Change the locks that is!
You cant really tell how many keys have been given out by the previous owner to their family, relatives or even friends. To be on the safe side and ensure the safety of your new home and your family, its a prerequisite to change the locks before moving in.
Reasons Why Change Locks
Its normal to feel paranoid about the previous owners of your home that’s why its common sense why there’s a need to change locks. There’s a high probability that someone might have a spare.That makes you are highly vulnerable to robbery and break ins! And changing locks would give you a piece of mind. Here are the possible persons that might have your key:
- The family, relatives, close friends and probably co-workes of the previous owner.
- Tradesmen or builders and contractors that have repaired or worked on the house.
- Past relationships of the previous owners
- Those who found or have stolen the key
Its easy not to forget the locks on the front / main door or gate but dont forget the storage sheds, garages and windows.
Changing the Locks
There are a lot of options when charging a lock but choose the one that suits your need. Even if your busy, always find time and don’t delay. Changing the lock should be one of your top priority before even moving in.
- Seek advice from professionals. If your not the handy , calling in a locksmith would ensure that the job is done right. The locksmith will professionally change your lock and give all spare keys. Try to ask a quote from different locksmithing companies. The yellow page or local directories online would be a good way to start.
- Re-cut, re-key or reprogrammed existing locks. This is an inexpensive way to change locks. Buy a new key on ebay and reprogram it yourself. There are solutions or instructions depending on the key online. It wont take 30 minutes to reprogram a key. Or, get a locksmith to rekey them. Most locksmiths are willing to give you instructions.
- Do it yourself. If your the handyman type, you can try installing the locks yourself. Almost all hardware stores that sell them come with very clear instructions on how to install new locks.
- Simply add another lock. If you don’t feel like going through all the hassle of setting up a new lock, simply adding a deadlock to the doors and leaving the old locks aswell would be just fine.
Follow all these steps to make your home as secure as possible.
Every morning, Monday through Friday, I try to stick to a pretty healthy routine. Not only do I feel better when I have a consistent schedule, but I’m also more productive and have more “me” time at the end of the day. I like to wake up, make breakfast, work out, and drink a big glass of green juice before getting down to work for the rest of the day. Drinking my greens is one of the best parts of my mornings, and I try to do it every day to get a big boost of vitamins and nutrients. But only recently did I learn that there are a few facts every girl should know when it comes to sipping those greens…
With a little help from our LaurenConrad.com expert nutritionist Shira Lenchewski, RD, today I’ll be sharing my smart girl’s guide to drinking green juice. Take a peek below to find out everything you need to know about getting juiced…
I am in real need of a green juice so I headed off to my newly refurbished Geneva kitchen cabinets, got my blender and mix fresh kale and other green leafies. Anyone else make green juice out of these veggies? I dont know which – broccoli, kale, cabbage, bok choy cause gas and bloating?
Found an aswer
Gas and Bloating After Drinking a Green Smoothie
Can a $400 Blender Change Your Life?
When you first buy a Vitamix 5200, the so-called Ferrari of blenders, two thoughts are likely to pass through your mind. The first is “Did I really just spend more than $400 on a blender?” And the second is “This machine is going to change my life.”